New Leash on Life, Inc. helps Oklahomans with a variety of disabilities and other needs live fuller, richer lives. Through our training programs, we provide Assistance Dogs to help people live more independently; and Therapy Dogs to improve their confidence or abilities in a therapeutic setting—or give comfort to the elderly or ill. We turn shelter dogs into well-mannered Companion Dogs through inmate-trainers, whose lives are often turned around by the very dogs they train for adoption in the community.
By developing the unique abilities of dogs to respond to these and other needs– and connecting our clients with “just the right dog”—A New Leash on Life Inc. makes life better for many people and the dogs who serve them.
- Open to the public, six days a week, as a community center for animal groups
- Bath tub and grooming equipment available for use
- Large training area can be used as an “inside dog park” during inclement weather
- Library of animal-related books and DVDs for all ages
- Database of information concerning rescue groups, animal shelters, wildlife care
- Behavior Hotline for dog owners is answered by professional dog trainers
- Meeting rooms/Event Center for use by animal-related organizations
We also host many unique and fun events at our facility including, dog shows, cat shows, dog sports, fundraisers, and more. To see event calendar CLICK HERE!
Furthermore, we maintain an active directory of statewide shelters, rescues, clubs, and more. If you need information, you may be able to find it in our DIRECTORY.
A New Leash on Life , Inc. Video
This production made possible through OVMA.
Making a donation through our secure server is fast and easy. We use a nonprofit service to process our credit card transactions. GIVEDIRECT is the name that will appear on your credit card statement, not “A New Lease On Life, Inc”. Using a third party keeps our costs low and allows us to spend time and money on our programs. You may give a one-time gift, or set up a re-occurring donation each month or each quarter.