The next Introduction to Dog Training class begins Saturday, February 1st.
See the schedule and class descriptions below for more details.
Introduction to Dog Training: Saturday, February 1st, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Required for new students prior to any class enrollment
- An intro to positive training, nutrition, & tools.
- New students, click HERE to register.
Levels: A Skills-Based Approach to Training Classes
A New Leash on Life’s training classes are arranged into skills-based levels to allow students to achieve their individual training goals at their own pace, progress when their dog is ready, and work on a flexible schedule to practice as often as they would like. Unlike traditional 4-6 week classes, Levels training is designed to keep students engaged and making constant progress toward their training goals.
All new students must take the Intro class (click HERE to register) and begin in Level 1 for the first week orientation; all continuing students (click HERE to register) will begin in Level 2 for the first week to asses their current skills and training goals.
In each class, trainers will present new skills, provide challenges and courses to build current skills, and facilitate games to encourage teamwork.
Moving to Next Level
Instructors will continually assess the skills of each dog and invite students to begin the next level as soon as their dog demonstrates mastery of the skills required. Students can progress to the next level at any time during the month. In this way, every student can progress at their own pace and will stay challenged and engaged in every class.
Students are welcome to attend classes at or below their Level on any day or time that suits them and as many times each week as they would like. Since classes are not consecutive, students are welcome to switch between days of the week at any time.
Levels training is paid for by month with packages available at a discounted rate for extended training. During holiday months when training classes are paused for a week, an additional week will be included to always allow for 4 full weeks of instruction. Payment is due at the Intro Class by card, cash, or check. Packages can be paid monthly and scheduled to auto-draft on the first day of each month. Once training has begun, unused portions of packages cannot be refunded.
- 1 month – $125/month
- 2 months – $115/month
- 4 months – $95/month
- 6 months – $80/month
After students have completed 6 months of training, all additional classes taken will be offered at $80/month. Puppy class can be included with any Levels package, however, please note, Therapy Dog Certification is $120 and is not able to be included in Levels packages.
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Pen Pals Training
- 4 – 6 p.m. – Private Lessons (by appointment)
Puppy: Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
- Socialization, foundational training, and help with common puppy stages like housebreaking and crate training. Puppies can attend class once they have received their second round of vaccinations and are ready to progress to Levels once they are 4-5 months old.
- Click HERE to register.
Level 1: Basic Manners
Begins Sun, Feb 2 at 3 PM & Thu, Feb 6 at 11 AM
- An essential class that teaches good manners to dogs and responsible dog ownership to their owners.
- Click HERE to register.
Level 2: Intermediate Manners
Begins Sun, Feb 2 at 4 PM & Thu, Feb 6 at 12 PM
- Exercises all the skills learned in Basic Manners while adding mild distance, duration, and distractions.
- Continuing students, click HERE to register.
Level 3: Advanced Manners
Begins Sun, Feb 2 at 5 PM & Thu, Feb 6 at 1 PM
- Builds on training foundations by improving your dog’s response time and reliability around higher-level distractions.
Level 4: Professional Manners
Begins Sun, Feb 2 at 6 PM & Thu, Feb 6 at 2 PM
- Refines training skills and commands to be reliable in public, at home, and on walks while also preparing students for the CGC.
Therapy Dog Certification: Intensive
Sunday, February 2nd, 1-5 PM
- Preparing both ends of the leash, people as well as dogs, for participation in our Therapy Dog program. Cost is $120.
- Click HERE to request a phone evaluation and sign up for class HERE.
Making a donation through our secure server is fast and easy. We use a non-profit service to process our credit card transactions.
GIVEDIRECT is the name that will appear on your credit card statement, not “A New Leash on Life, Inc”. Using a third party keeps our costs low and allows us to spend time and money on our programs. You may give a one-time gift, or set up a recurring donation each month or each quarter.