All dog training classes are currently hosted online.
The next round of classes will be held from Sun, August 30 – Sun, September 27.
Online Classes are $75 per month. Enrollment in one month of any class includes free enrollment in our intro Foundations of Dog Training.
Click HERE to register.
Foundations of Dog Training: Saturday, August 29th, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- One-time intro class covering the principles of dog training, nutrition, tools, & techniques
Level 1: Basic Manners: Sundays at 2 p.m. and Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- An essential class that teaches good manners to dogs and responsible dog ownership to their owners.
- All new students must take the Intro class (click HERE to register) and will begin in Level 1
Level 2: Intermediate Manners: Sundays at 3 p.m. and Thursdays at 12 p.m.
- Exercises all the skills learned in Basic Manners while adding mild distance, duration, and distractions.
- All continuing students (click HERE to register) will begin in Level 2 for the first week to asses their current skills and training goals.
Level 3: Advanced Manners: Sundays at 4 p.m. and Thursdays at 1 p.m.
- Builds on training foundations by improving your dog’s response time and reliability around higher-level distractions.
Level 4: Professional Manners: Sundays at 5 p.m. and Thursdays at 2 p.m.
- Refines training skills and commands to be reliable in public, at home, and on walks while also preparing students for the CGC.
Building a Formal Retrieve: Thursdays at 3 p.m.
- Teaching dogs to pickup, hold, bring, & give an item on cue
Paws for Tricks: Sundays at 6 p.m.
- Tricks training, unlocking your breed, & challenge games
Paws for Wellness: Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Stretching, handling, & enrichment
Therapy Dog Certification
- Preparing both ends of the leash, people as well as dogs, for participation in our Therapy Dog program. Cost is $120.
- Click HERE to request a phone evaluation.
Levels: A Skills-Based Approach to Training Classes
A New Leash on Life’s training classes are arranged into skills-based levels to allow students to achieve their individual training goals at their own pace, progress when their dog is ready, and work on a flexible schedule to practice as often as they would like. Unlike traditional 4-6 week classes, Levels training is designed to keep students engaged and making constant progress toward their training goals.
All new students must take the Intro class (click HERE to register) and begin in Level 1 for the first week orientation; all continuing students (click HERE to register) will begin in Level 2 for the first week to asses their current skills and training goals.
In each class, trainers will present new skills, provide challenges and courses to build current skills, and facilitate games to encourage teamwork.
Moving to Next Level
Instructors will continually assess the skills of each dog and invite students to begin the next level as soon as their dog demonstrates mastery of the skills required. Students can progress to the next level at any time during the month. In this way, every student can progress at their own pace and will stay challenged and engaged in every class.
Students are welcome to attend classes at or below their Level on any day or time that suits them and as many times each week as they would like. Since classes are not consecutive, students are welcome to switch between days of the week at any time.
Making a donation through our secure server is fast and easy. We use a non-profit service to process our credit card transactions.
GIVEDIRECT is the name that will appear on your credit card statement, not “A New Leash on Life, Inc”. Using a third party keeps our costs low and allows us to spend time and money on our programs. You may give a one-time gift, or set up a recurring donation each month or each quarter.